Changing the Controller Password
Note: This article is for changing your controller password when you still know the current controller password. If you do not have the controller password go to the forgotten controller password article here:
Follow these instructions in order to change a controller password. Note that this requires physical access to the controller.
- Press the button on the LNK WiFi Module in the controller to activate AP Hotspot mode. The light should be blinking green and red.
- From your mobile device, go to WiFi settings and connect to the Rain Bird network “RAINBIRDXXXXXX”. Wait for your device to establish a WiFi connection with the LNK WiFi Module.
- From the Rain Bird app, select the controller picture you are trying to change passwords on.
- Press the settings icon (3 gears) on the bottom right corner of the controller screen.
- Press the down arrow for “Controller Info”.
- Press in the Controller Password field and change the password to something that will be remembered. It can be 4 to 16 characters in length, numbers or letters, no special characters.
- Select Done at the top of the screen.